- Teach people how to have fun—this is probably the most important lesson anyone could learn.
- Improve soccer players both technically and tactically- through drills and team meetings.
- Create confidence—not just in your ability to master soccer, but in your ability to master kung fu, ceramics, Harvard, or anything else you want to.
- Remind all players that soccer is a game—so competition and fun are its two most important components.
- Work hard- just do it.
- Do everything to the best of your abilities- this is an essential key to improve as a player
- Support your teammates!
- Be excited, because we are.
- Notice that we haven’t mentioned anything about skill level or experience—that’s because this camp is for just about everyone (don’t worry—your mom doesn’t meet the age requirement).
Ok. So here’s the deal. Two people that love soccer decided to start a camp. That camp is Camp Foot Ballas and those people are Nikki Washington and Casey Nogueira. This camp is designed to do a few things:
This camp is unique because every staff member’s soccer career is ongoing—just like yours. We may be at different points on the map but we all need to be pushed. So that’s exactly what we want you to join us in doing. We’re going to challenge each other, compete in just about everything, play a lot of soccer, sweat through our shirts, refuel with some food, and do it all over again while having fun. We want to push you to your limit to see what you’re made of!
If that sounds like a good weekend to you then here’s all we want in return:
Here’s the bottom line: We play soccer. And we are passionate about the future of women’s soccer. You are a big part of that future, so we’re passionate about teaching you what we know in hopes of helping you achieve your dreams.
Everything you need to know about how to become a Foot Balla you can find on this website or via our twitter account: @thefootballas. We’re excited to meet you.